Here are the kids in their costumes. Analiese has talked about being a pink cat for quite some time now and we were able to make a fun homeade costume. She got her haircut about 2 weeks ago. It was not supposed to be so short, but as I cut, it was not even and then I cut and then it wasn't even and so on. In fact, Jeff and I have revisited the hair length issue for some time and he really wanted her to keep long hair (looks more little girlish and can have pigtails) and I really wanted her to have it at this length (much easier to wash and style!). He has every right to his opinion since when he is home he is the one who gives them their baths even though I am typically the one who styles the hair. So, I had decided I would not push and honor his request. He was out of town the night I cut it so I emailed him to warn him of the change. He was grateful for the warning and very gracious and complimentary of her hair. I thoroughly hope my mom can save her from the crazy scissors I control in the future (are you up for fixing it at Thanksgiving, Mom?)! She is an experienced hair stylist unlike myself. In fact, my mom had a shop before I was born and after that did hair in our basement on Saturday mornings for as long as I can remember.
We have really enjoyed making Halloween a holiday to bless others! Last night was the second year we have served free hot dogs, coffee and water. Jeff is quite a hot dog vendor and thanks again to Mr. Marty for all of his help (he grills hot dogs PERFECTLY)! Thanks too to Maggie and Cara for manning the candy and the cornhole (we gave prizes of large candy bars and quarters for those who could make it in the hole!) It is amazing how appreciative parents are as they come by and see FREE and DINNER. I am certain few of them have time for dinner when you are getting home from work and competing with excited little faces. It is a HUGE help to us too as when we returned from Trick or Treating in our neighborhood, our dinner was waiting for us.
Alexa dressed up, but spent the evening in her swing as she fell asleep right before we left to go Trick or Treating. I didn't want to make her miserable (and the rest of the clan...or worse, cut our Trick or Treating short!). She was still sleeping when we returned and then I finally woke her up at 8:30. It all worked out for the best as Colin needed to ride in the stroller anyway.
What a fun day. Analiese already said she would like to be a mouse next year. That should be easy! We will see if that remains!
No comments:
Post a Comment