
Today I realized that I read blogs of my friends and I am so blessed to hear (and see!) what is going on in their lives and learning how to pray for them. It is also a great documentation of life and especially the everyday, but special things that are so worth remembering and sharing. Being a stay at home-homeschooling mom, I joke with Jeff that my friends are those on the radio and those whose blogs I read. But there is truth to that as I get to sit at my computer and consider many lives outside of our home...something that is ESSENTIAL to the sanity of a mom like me.
So, today, I started this. Then a name! There is so much in a name! At lunch the kids and I tried to spell a word that included all of our first initials in it...we came up with words, but not ones that were all that meaningful! So, to the thesaurus.com I went! I found synonyms for door and ring...after all that is how most people in our family pronounce our name! So chiming is what I picked for ring and passages for door. This blog will include the chimes, gongs, blasts and beeps that go one in our lives day to day and those undoubtedly will take us somewhere...passages...that is how God works. He takes the everyday, even mundane, and tranforms them into life changing moments and opportunities. That is what I want for my life. I don't want to waste these years, days, minutes, but I want God to use them for His purposes and my good.
As I begin this almost journal, I expect even this passage to be used to help me process life and all that God is doing.
Let me introduce you to our clan:
Let me introduce you to our clan:
Jeff (33) Husband, Dad, Friend, Pastor (in that order)
Nicole (36) Yes, much his elder...Wife, Mom, Homeschool Teacher
Jeffrey Brandon, Jr. (7) Project extroidinaire (he has a project going daily), sports enthusiast, lover of people, conversationalist.
Analiese Hope (5) aka: Princess Analiese, Little House on the Praire expert, dancer and gymnast.
Colin Andrew (2) Comedian, Parrot (repeats the last word of everything you say!), Dress up fanatic.
Alexa Joy (1 month) Sleeper, Eater and keeping alive the battery business with all the time she spends in her swing (I changed the batteries in it today while she was sleeping in it!).
That is us...at least a slice of us. I guess that is what this blog is for to share our lives and hearts. Thanks for coming to visit!
1 comment:
Thanks for doing this Nicole!! It is a great way to get to know your friends and kinda keep in touch in our oh so busy lives! In your introduction to the family members, you forgot to add friend and ministry leader to your profile :)
Love it! Hope you keep it comin' :) Love, Jenny
Post a Comment