Just how long can you wait to clean a Hermit Crab's cage? Hermie, creatively named by his owner, Brandon, has such a long time between cleanings that I am sure he will be dead when I pick him up to clean his cage. Sometimes late at night, since they are nocturnal, we hear him and wonder what in the world that noise is. He is hanging on no matter what. What a faithful pet! I question at times like these if faithfulness is an important trait of a hermit crab...hmmmm....
Above is pictured Hermie. Brandon took a homeschooling class this past year and at the end of the class everyone got a hermit crab to take home. He even painted his shell! In fact, the first night Hermie came to live here, he left his original shell and took on this one! Though he is outgrowing it and he has a bigger one in his cage, he seems at home in the one Brandon created just for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment