Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Clean out the refrigerator or take a nap?

Well, cleaning out the refrigerator won. It looks awesome! I will even sacrifice sleep for organization. This is a very bad disease.  So much happened today-pillow towers, more tents, bubbly beards, and laughed my butt off at that lip reading. You have to check that out on YouTube.  Huge difference in temperature between where I am today and where Jeff is!  So happy for the Russian pairs and the great job they did to go gold and silver. It was truly remarkable to see their performances so well done. 4 days have gone by now and I'm still not caught up on Brandon grading. These Olympics are killing my late-night productivity. It is well worth it, though.  

On another subject, the Lord always does something significant in my life when Jeff take these longer trips.  I am getting the sense that He is teaching me a deeper joy in the daily routine.  As well, I am learning to have a slowness in my soul that allows me to be proactive with the kids needs and with my schedule instead of reactive to everything that goes on minute by minute.  This is huge progress for me as I have dreaded for a long time coming down the stairs in the morning and being subject to whatever happens. He is teaching me to invite him into the moments, the details, and the challenges that I would typically handle on my own. I am sure there is more to come on that.

No comments: