Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Changes of a Day

When I get up in the morning, I know one thing for sure... Life will move fast, and there'll be many different things that happen in a given day.  Today I went from a ministry meeting to picking up Brandon from a friend's sleepover, to taking Analiese to a friend's, to cleaning, to straightening up the back porch, to organizing some things, then realizing I needed to get dinner in the oven.  The weather outside was changing just as fast! Went from sunny to cloudy to extremely blustery in a matter of one hour. That didn't stop the snowboarders on the hill in the backyard-they were out there all afternoon! They're such champs!  Throw in some gymnastics in the living room (you can bet on gymnastics every day-that one is also for sure!)  Jeff helped out with the mashed potatoes and we were able to relax a bit after dinner with a game of Yahtzee.  Whoosh. Typical day... The changes are the things that I have begun to rely on throughout a given day. When my kids were especially small it seemed like a day was going to last forever, but I did eventually learn that things change so quickly so when it felt like things were getting overwhelming and I couldn't do it anymore the tone of the day would change. Ahhhh... The changes are always there and some offer a relief and some are overwhelming, but regardless I can rely on the fact that things will change and somehow that does bring some stability to our ever-changing days.

No comments: