Last night I watched "Amazing Grace", the movie. There are such similarities between the black slave trade and modern day slavery of human trafficking. William Wilberforce came to realize early in his fight for abolishment that he could both serve God and be a political activist. He was mocked by his peers and not respected or listened to in so many instances. But, slaves on the other side of the sea, had heard there were those fighting for their freedom. Wow. These slaves knew they had a voice where it could be heard. For so many of them, it meant there was hope. I want to be that voice on the other side of the city, on the other side of the country, on the other side of the world. I hope it doesn't stay there either...I want to be a help and a heart in the rescue and healing of women and girls.
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
The Slave Trade and the Slave Trade
Last night I watched "Amazing Grace", the movie. There are such similarities between the black slave trade and modern day slavery of human trafficking. William Wilberforce came to realize early in his fight for abolishment that he could both serve God and be a political activist. He was mocked by his peers and not respected or listened to in so many instances. But, slaves on the other side of the sea, had heard there were those fighting for their freedom. Wow. These slaves knew they had a voice where it could be heard. For so many of them, it meant there was hope. I want to be that voice on the other side of the city, on the other side of the country, on the other side of the world. I hope it doesn't stay there either...I want to be a help and a heart in the rescue and healing of women and girls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment